|Mrs D Butler||Chair of Governors (Community Governor)|
|Mr S Wordingham||Vice Chair of Governors (Community Governor)|
|Miss S Green||Co-opted|
|Mr J Robson||Co-opted|
|Miss LA Robertson||Staff Governor (Non-Teaching) Co-opted|
Key roles of governors:
- To ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction.
- To hold the Head Teacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils,
- and the performance management of staff.
- To oversee the financial performance of the school and make sure its money is well spent.
They also carry out a number of other important duties, which include:
- Determining how the school’s budget is spent.
- The appointing and dismissing of staff.
- Hearing appeals and grievances.
- Forming policy on the school’s curriculum and collective worship.
- Setting standards for pupils’ behaviour and discipline.
- Making sure school buildings are welcoming and safe.
- Setting and monitoring the school’s aims and policies.
The term of office for all governors is four years. Co-Opted governors are appointed by the Governing Body. LA governors are appointed by the Governing Body through a LA nomination. Parent and Staff governors are elected by parents and staff respectively. The Head Teacher is ex officio and automatically holds a position due to their position within the school.
Details of the committee’s each governor serves on can be found here: AMENDED DETAILS TO FOLLOW
Details of governors and their register of interests can be found here: AMENDED DETAILS TO FOLLOW